Thursday, October 01, 2009

You spin me right round...

So that was my theme song yesterday thanks to a case of vertigo! Interesting phenomena and one that I have not had the "pleasure" of experiencing in the past. It might be nice to know what the heck brought on the carnival ride ambience that I felt all day but I'll just be happy with the fact that I feel like I'm back on solid ground today!So not much else to share due to my couch confinement yesterday evening but I do have pictures from the last two kiln loads that didn't make it into the last post. More of the new designs and some of my experiments for a "Bumpy" pendant/connector series. Of course the early bird gets the worm and my favorite, the one below, has already been packed up to travel to Finland for Gunilla! I really like the interaction of this glaze and pattern. Speaking of glazes, new shades are in the works (I admit I have a problem...in high school I began a nailpolish collection that entered into triple digits...apparently I've found my grown up equivalent in glaze colors!)

12 comments:

  1. vertigo - how awful! i am glad it has gone away for you...
    these pieces are incredible! i love the dot series... was just in your shop a few hours ago... have to pop back in... and the last one, could you PLEASE make another? :0) love it!
    stay well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Marie's comment - the last pendant is gorgeous - I love how the two glazes interact work together - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do share a love for the batik style designs, don't we? I love the last one as well, but the greens in the first are my favourite! Hope the vertigo is a very temporary and non- repeat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your vertigo! The last piece is brilliant, by the way. I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jane- I totally plan to make some more Twilight Jakarta squares, it was such a pleasant surprise to pull out of the kiln!

    Lisa- Thanks :) I'm loving on this glaze result!

    LeAnn, Laurel- Yes, I think the vertigo was a flukey thing and my fingers are definitely crossed it doesn't return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your vertigo doesn't return - nasty thing!
    That Twilight Jakarta is really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now I've got your song in my head! :) love the take-aways from your kiln, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about the vertigo, but I'm laughing about the nailpolish collection. Love the new pieces - especially the lace-like design on the first one and the glaze on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really gorgeous Melissa...exceptional. My favorite is the bottom one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that pink is so rich and brilliant! Girl, you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that last one too! So detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the last one in the bunch is the unanimous favorite! If only all my glaze trials were so successful...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to chat! I love comments and if you have your email enabled in your blogger profile, I would love to be able to keep the conversation going.