Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Pretty Dotty Things


So in looking at these pictures I realize I've gone a little dotty! I got this adorable purse as a Christmas gift from my husband (ok, so I picked it out and gave him the link on etsy for it!). Anyhoo... along with my purse the seller sent me the cutest little stripey ponytail holder and now I think I have a ponytail holder obsession! (I'm not even that big on wearing my hair in a ponytail unless I'm schleping around home). Unfortunately even though she makes super adorable headbands, she doesn't sell the ponytail holders in her shop.


So I started the hunt for some more cute ponytail holders and I found these! Could they be any cuter?This quartet is hopefully already in the mail and on their way to me- I can't wait to get them! I'm trying very hard to break out of my black, white, navy and khaki routine so the tangerine and red combo should be perfect.
A couple of the pendants I just put up on the website... I really love this glaze when I put it on thick and it pools and runs.
I have a bunch of plans for new stuff but it's not happening this week-I'm headed to beautiful Sedona, AZ for an extended long weekend. The great thing is that I'll get to make a stop at a great ceramic supply place before heading there, who knows what I'll find?!

Sedona is definitely my relax and recharge place, I love how quiet it is at night and because of the observatory in Flagstaff there are light laws that make it super dark. The stars are just amazing because of the clear air and no competing city lights. This does make it a little challenging when out walking the dog at night- it's important to have a good flashlight! Just cross your fingers that I don't encounter a scorpion in the bathtub like I did last time I was there! (he was there first- luckily I was brushing my teeth when I saw him, not hopping in for a shower)

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to check your pony tail holder sources. I have my hair back all of the time because I am lazy! Love that glaze. I want that glaze. It is just so so magnificent. Don't you just love it when you can use a glaze thick and still have detail. Have fun in Sedona. One of my fav places as well. Cheers, LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have excellant taste in handbags...look at all that color, I love it! Have fun in Sedona, I spent a couple of days there once and it is beautiful. You should be recharged and inspired...go find a vortex and soak up some of that energy...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally one of my favorite glazes but I haven't used it as much as some others, I think I need to give it a little more time to shine! It's funny how I get on a roll with one glaze and ignore the others for a while.

    I have dreams of holding a jewelry workshop get away in Sedona some day. I even had the venue picked out at one point! I'm not new-agey but there's just something about being there that helps me to get back on track (creatively and emotionally).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Melissa. If you ever hold that workshop let me know. We're not that far away, at least in Western driving terms. And I know what you mean about how it can refresh you without having to be new-agey. There is just something about all that red rock and clear blue sky. Cheers, LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mellisa! Love the purse and that glaze is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue glaze pooling on those pendants! Blue and green contrasts were always addictive for me when making tiles. Have fun in Sedona restoring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately Sedona was a a little rainy and gray so no hiking, but it was still the wonderful restorative break I needed. I'll have a couple of photos on the blog in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to chat! I love comments and if you have your email enabled in your blogger profile, I would love to be able to keep the conversation going.