Here's what it looked like when it arrived:
Here's what I snagged for my collection:
I'm sorry I don't know the work of specific lampwork artists to say who made them...and apparently lampwork was calling my name as I made my selections! Other than the itty bitty little Mary Harding charms and the Golem heart bead, everything I chose was glass.
As for what I added back on... of my own ceramic pieces, a porcelain magnolia leaf pendant in seaweed, a pair of porcelain abstract butterfly charms in a pretty deep green, a green stoneware stamped charm, a little porcelain rootbeer circle charm, and a porcelain matte turquoise butterfly pendant. It's hard to make out in the photo but there's a pewter Green Girl Studio ball of frogs bead too!
Then because I took so much lampwork I figured I should add some back (although there's lots on the chain still)... The metallic bronzey colored tube bead and the yellow black and white bead are from The Orange Bell. That Keith O'Connor raku ceramic bead on the right snuck in as well...
I clearly have a tendency toward blues and greens so it seems that a lot of what I added fall in that color category! Here's a Summer's Studio pendant and charms and a leaf pendant by Erin Siegel. I can't remember which Beads of Clay member the stripey porcelain beads came from. I just added the stripey beads as a group (more out of the sake of space on the chain...it's so full it's hard to find empty links!) so someone could either choose a color or two that they like or take the whole strand as multiple items.
So if you have a blog and you'd like your chance to choose up to 30 items from the chain, just read the instructions below and leave a comment for your different entry modes (be sure your email address is linked up or leave it in your comment). Entries close at midnight PST Friday, October 19th.
The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It's a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon your blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. A chain was chosen to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together ~ in our unity to stand behind handmade.
The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal Quality.
(SO Remember-----You're NOT winning the ENTIRE CHAIN---Just a chance to take some beads from it.)
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it's a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads it's a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well.
(Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribe Silver beads or others like them.)
Remember, the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an indivdual artist not an organization.
Here's where the chain has been:
Chinook Jewelry Designs
Here's how it works:
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
2. The winner will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chain's progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well (if you know them).
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one,to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here)-a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog.Ultimately, this will end up a very long list!
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry website that links to the current blog and giveaway-so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain.
(Please, please, please, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
Here's How to Enter:
1. You must have an active blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through Paypal-small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation, $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States-due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry).