Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I managed to package up 9 lbs of my ceramic beads and pendants to send off to the Bead and Button Show, who knew I had that much made?! Here's hoping that there's nothing left to come back to me after the show (and hoping that the reason isn't that they were crushed to mosaic tile pieces in shipping). In preparation, you'll notice that the home page on my website now has a seperate category for all things beady, I'm hoping to pull together some kits in the next couple of weeks. I also have a new pendant design up for auction on Just Beads, a pretty little sea turtle in a yummy celedon green shade. I think it will make a stunning design with some Thai or Bali silver beads and aquamarine or peacock freshwater coin pearls. Or maybe Peruvian opal nuggets...oooh, so many options!
Here's a taste of some of the other shades the turtle has turned up in!




I'm also working on a glaze chart to make color selection easier but that will take a little more time! Pictured above are Glazed Apricot, Pistachio Cream, and Strawberry Shortcake (everything seems to remind me of food...).

Keep checking back, I've had a little creative burst this week and have several new designs brewing away. If they turn out the way they look in my head, they will be truly unique wearable art pieces!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Oh my goodness, those are wonderful. How cute! Found you through the Etsy ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! Check back, more to come soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turtles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to chat! I love comments and if you have your email enabled in your blogger profile, I would love to be able to keep the conversation going.